Wednesday, March 20, 2013

I've Come Back For You, Old Friend

It has been almost a month since we last posted on here.  We are still continuing to follow the low carb eating and still (slowly though!) losing weight.  I have lost almost 35 pounds so far.  Aways yet from where I need to be, but hey I'm getting there.  I'm still having issues with a sore throat and other various symptoms.  I think I may have an answer though.  I was recently diagnosed with LPR.  Apparently, LPR is when you have acid reflux that refluxes all the way into your esphogas, causing sore throat, mouth sorEves, excess mucus in your throat, cough, and a sore, swollen tongue.  My ENT has recently doubled my dose of Nexium and I have a follow up soon with my bariatric dr regarding the scope they did last week (about the bariatric dr- thats a story for a different day).  Even through all of this, I am trying to stay on path to lose weight.  I do have my "off" days, but most days I do what I'm supposed to do.  Until next time...

No comments: