Friday, January 4, 2013

Wondering About the Longevity of Low-Carbing

Today, I have felt good.  My energy level is still not where I want it to be but overall, I like the direction that my new way of eating is now taking me.  Unfortunately, I am a researcher by nature.  So, I look up long term success and effects of very low carbing.  There are so  many negative posts out there, it scares me.  There are stories upon stories of people losing the weight only to regain.  So, I have to ask myself: What will make the difference for me? How will I be able to maintain the weight loss? Will I break down and just start binge eating?  I understand that a no-carb diet is next to impossible to sustain forever but I think that I have to be content with a low-carb diet for not just the next few months, but as a way of life if I truly want to live a healthier life.  I've tried other diets where they restrict my calories, they never work for me.  For me, I have only found satiety with a very low carb diet thus far.  But when will I snap?  I'm sure it's bound to happen.  Will I be able to get back on the band wagon when I do?  Can I really make this change for good?  I so desperately want to be at a healthy weight, to have boundless energy to play with my kids, and to look super hot in a short skirt. 

1 comment:

Jason said...

Or a blue dress! Yowsers!