Thursday, January 3, 2013

My Very Favorite Color, Purple

Purple has now become my favorite color.  Jason and I have invested in these little pee sticks that turn purple when you are in ketosis.  Apparently, ketosis is a very good thing to be in when you are trying to lose weight.  And, as of last night, when I pee'd on my first little stick, it turned a "moderate" shade of purple.  I have never been so excited to see a pee stick turn colors.  Thus, my new favorite color is purple.  I weighed myself this morning (I know I shouldn't do this everyday, but I do so get over it) and I'm down 4 pounds.  I'm incredibly thrilled with my changes so far.  The one thing that I have to watch is my sodium intake.  Not from being too high, but actually being too low.  I now notice when I'm not getting enough salt, I get leg cramps, weakness and headaches.  I'm about to enjoy a  little cup of broth and move forward with the day.  Sharon (my friend) has mentioned wanting to go out to dinner tonight.  Again, I'm going to do this one day at a time.  Just need to get through today.  That has become my new mantra: One day at a time.  One day at a time.  So, here's to the rest of the day!

No comments: